Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Four Month Old

I can't believe my little dabuhan is already four months old! Time is flying by but we are definitely enjoying every minute. Isla is changing so much! She can now roll over both ways, suck her toes and talk talk talk (in baby language of course)! In some ways I'm sad to see her growing up. But in other ways I can't wait to see her start crawling, walking and talking. I just can't believe I have a "big" baby now. I can remember looking at the 6 month clothes she's wearing now and thinking 'she will NEVER fit into those!' Seems like we were just rolling up the sleeves on her newborn outfits and folding down those huge newborn diapers. Now I find myself stretching the 3-6 month outfits over her chubby little legs and squeezing the last of those size 2 diapers around her little bottom. She brings us so much joy everyday and its hard to imagine life without her.

I have been trying to find some hobbies to keep myself interesting. I've been really into baking and trying new dishes for dinner. One of our new favorites is homemade pizza with a yummy basil and oregano crust. I also made some awesome cinnamon rolls the other night that disappeared way to fast. I really like being a housewife and doing housewife-ish things! I've also started planning out our meals ahead of time and made a chore schedule for myself. So far the chore thing has worked as more of a guideline and less of an actual list of accomplishments. Thats okay though, I definitely think its more important to spend time with Isla than it is to have a spotless kitchen. I have also been really in to scrapbooking. My pages are actually starting to look kind of good :)

Well, here are a few pictures from the last few weeks:



Isla in her new walker! Thanks auntie ari!



Isla in her jogging stroller on one of the few nice days we've had as of late.




Cousin Eva on her mama's back.




Gandy and Ellie making the frosting for Adam, Ari and David's birthday cake!




Isla playing Wii with her daddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOO cute Ash! I'm so happy that you're enjoying yourself. Cooking is fun :) Kiss that little girl for me!