Just a quick note after Isla's appointment today:
She is 15 lbs and 10 ounces, 25 3/4 inches long which puts her in the 90th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height. Michelle said her tummy skills were great and that she will probably be mobile by 9 months since she can already roll both ways (I guess its pretty early to be able to go from back to tummy). Isla also got 3 vaccinations today. I decided to go with the DTaP , HIB, and PCV. At her 2 month check-up we only did 1 vaccine, DTaP, and she was totally fine-no side effects at all. But this time she's been extremely upset, hasn't had much of an appetite and has been sleeping for over an hour and a half (which NEVER happens). I feel really sad for her. She cried harder than I've ever seen her cry tonight. She doesn't have a fever or anything but it still freaks me out and makes me so sad to see her not feeling well. Please pray for her if you think about it! I know she'll be fine and that this is a "normal" reaction to being vaccinated, its just scary since she can't tell me how she's feeling. Sad. Okay, this is way longer than I expected...bye for now.
1 comment:
Ohh poor Isla. The reactions to the shots are totally normal, but totally suck. Grant is usually that way also . . where he would cry for hours and only wanted to be held. You just feel so bad for them. Hope it gets better soon! Grant usually just has one bad day (the day he gets the shots) and then gets better, so hopefully it is the same for you!
Post a Comment