Twenty Months
Isla is now in the 20's as far as months go! Crazy! She is a total blast to be around these days. We get a kick out of all the funny things she comes up with. The other day she started asking people "How's it go'in?" and today when Adam got home and they sat down on the couch together she looked at him (while eating a slice of cheese) and said "How's it go'in, Dad?" She is mimicking EVERYTHING we say so its time to really pay attention to the words I'm saying and how I'm saying them. For example, I have the bad habit of just saying "don't" or "stop it!" when she's doing something naughty (like stab me with her tooth brush). Its just my first reaction to something shocking she does and now she says "don't" and "stop it" to us and to her friends. So I'm trying really hard to do a better job of exemplifying what I expect from her, but its hard.
We've really been enjoying the weather lately. Even on the rainy days it seems that there has been a couple of hours of sunshine to enjoy. We've been walking and going down the slide and playing chalk outside; Isla is a great hop-scotcher btw.
Adam and I got to have a romantic night away a couple of weekends ago! We have always wanted to stay at the Wild Iris Inn in LaConner and we finally did it. It was amazing to have some quality, one-on-one time with each other. And when baby #2 comes we know it won't be as easy to sneak away for a night!
Speaking of baby #2, I only have 8 more weeks until my due date! I'm getting excited and since my best friend Amanda gave birth to her beautiful little girl today, the anticipation is getting stronger and stronger! I'm also rather large this time. There are a couple picts of my belly at about 30 weeks farther down...I've been horrible about taking pictures this month but here are a few:







No comments:
Post a Comment