Sunday, March 27, 2011

We're late, we're late for a very important date!

For the first time since having kids I missed my monthly kiddo update! I've also slacked on the picture taking so there aren't very many from the last two months. Life is crazy and wonderful and CRAZY with two hyper, energetic, super silly little girls!

ISLA:
Isla has always been silly. Seriously, she's hilarious. But the other day she was in the bathroom at my parents doing her business, when all of the sudden I hear a "mAAAAMmmyy!" So I run to check on her, asking if she's okay, and she replies, with great joy: "My poopy wooks like a caterpillar!" A little later she had to clarify and add that it "didn't have a face though." We all just about died we were laughing so hard! I don't know where she comes up with these things. Even though Isla is silly and crazy most of the time she also has a snuggly, lovey side too. She'll often turn to me or Emi and say "you know what? I love you." It absolutely makes my day. And Daddy has an extra special place in her heart lately. Several times a day she'll say "I want my daddy" or "I miss my daddy" and I know what she means; I miss him too :) Isla is learning more and more everyday too. She knows all of her colors, can recite the alphabet perfectly and can write an "I". We're working on "S" right now but that one's kind of hard. She knows her basic shapes and can trace them all really well. And the girl is impressive with her ability to carry on a conversation. People are always so shocked that she can speak so clearly and with such great vocabulary. We've been getting outside more lately as we're seeing some glimpses of spring and Isla is loving every minute of the park, chalk time, running in the yard with her BFF and making "salad" out of all the grass and weeds. She's even had fun getting used to riding her tricycle. Man I love that Bug!


Emaline
Emi had her 9 month check up and she's 19 lbs 5 oz (60th percentile), 29 1/4 inches long (95%) and her head is 46 cm (90%). She's healthy and happy and growing like crazy. She can say uh-oh, dada, bite, gentle (her own version), hi, kitty and sometimes she says sissy. She started to take a step here and there about two weeks ago but just today she started taking 5 or 6 steps at a time so I think we'll have a little walker here in no time! Emi is still pretty independent but I often find her in places like the picture above, with toilet paper all over the bathroom, sitting on the cat or emptying out my tupperware drawer. And if my clothes drawer is open for more than 5 seconds she WILL start to empty it. It looks like she's going to be just as silly as her sister! She makes some nice cheeser faces and rolls around all silly willy right there with Isla. I love these two so much it makes me want to cry sometimes. As challenging as it can be to be a mom its more than worth it. I wouldn't change a thing.












1 comment:

thanida said...

It was interesting to read the article.Its a very informative and helpful post.Thanks for such a great and useful article..Very nice and useful post.
928bet