Emi is 8 months old now! I can't believe that in just a few short months my littlest baby will be turning 1. Our little lion started crawling about a week before she turned 8 months. Her little crawl is adorable. Its not the traditional crawl; she adds her own spin to it. She uses one knee and one foot! Its adorable. She can really move now too! I find myself running around the house every few minutes to try and find Emi. The girl is fast. But its actually pretty nice because her new found mobility keeps her entertained and she's becoming a really independent little girl. She still only has eyes for me, but if she knows I'm home she's completely happy wondering around and checking things out. I'm starting to feel like my own person again with all this new found freedom! Emi is also starting to warm up to friends and family. I've actually been able to leave her with my sisters and even my mom for short periods of time. She is starting to say hi and dada. She gives kisses. LOVES to play peek a boo. She often cocks her head to the side when she looks at things (almost upside down) just to get a different view and be silly. She has four teeth: two on top and two on the bottom. And she's been working on the next set, especially at night (which means little sleep for mama bear). Baby is growing up!
Isla
Isla boo is acting like such a big girl now. She's such a sweetie. I feel like she has just had some major development going on these past few months. For the most part she plays really well with her friends now. Especially with her best friend Eden (whose mommy happens to be my best friend). They talk about each other all the time, bring extra snacks for each other, ask to play daily, hug, kiss and talk about how they are best, best friends. Unfortunately, Eden and her family are going to be moving to Japan in just about a month. We are very sad :( Isla can go potty all by herself now (no help from mama). Today we were about to head out for a walk so I asked her to go to the bathroom and she said "I just did, wanna see?" and sure enough, she had. All by herself. One of our struggles right now is Isla's fears. She seems to be terrified of a lot of things: dogs, bugs, most animals, sounds, the front door etc. I'm trying to show her that most of her fears aren't really scary (like petting nice dogs and cats to show her its okay) but its hard to convince a 2 year old! She also has an extremely active imagination. She can pretend like nothing else! All day long, we are surfing on our pillow surf boards, being queens and princesses, sailing on our bed-ships, running away from Emi the crocodile or riding in her bus. I love her active imagination and sweet disposition. She also continues to be very verbal. She never ever ever stops talking (unless she's watching a show) and the question "why" is a main staple around here. Its so hard to answer some of those questions! I try my best to be patient and take the time to give her real thoughtful answers but I have to admit that some of them end with "because mommy said so" or "thats just the way God made it." She is also a wonderful big sister. She loves Emaline and tries to hug her all of the time and emi just screams because she can't handle being held still for that long. But Isla loves her anyway and I'm starting to see glimpses of how wonderful it will be when they can run and play and dance together.
I absolutely love having two girls so close in age! I am blessed and thankful for the life I have been given.
Here is our 2nd Annual New Year's Day photo shoot!!

























No comments:
Post a Comment