Emaline
Emi is already 5 months old! She's crossing over to big baby status for sure. This month she has started eating some food, can sit up all by herself, got her first real tooth and has developed an extremely cute babble! I LOVE my baby. Emi has really taken a liking to Isla recently as well. She's always been a big Isla fan but the adoration for her sister has really exploded lately. Isla can make her laugh in an instant and she seems to like Isla's crazy rough housing. I'll often walk over to the girls prepared to tell Isla to stop doing something crazy (like bouncing Emi in the jumperoo a bit too hard) only to find Emi giggling away and enjoying every second of Isla's antics. I feel like I'm getting just a little sneak peak into the future when they'll be able to play and run together! Emi is finally starting to warm up to other people too. For a while, if anyone other than me, Adam or Isla even tried to talk to Emi she would cry. But she's adjusting and figuring out that Grandma's and aunties are good too!
Isla
My big girl amazes me everyday! She's so so smart and gorgeous and cute and I love her big personality. The girl wears me out to the point of complete exhaustion but I wouldn't want it any other way because she's totally adorable while she does it. Isla continues to have an impressive vocabulary....she has started using sentences with "and then" and "actually" in them which makes for some pretty long and surprisingly complex statements. The girl does not stop talking. She also started up with the "why" question. And when we're just hanging out around the house she will randomly deem each of us to be a Sesame Street character. Out of the blue she'll just walk up to someone and say "Whatcha' doin' Ernie?" and she expects you to call her a character back and then we stay that character for quite a while. She'll even correct us if we forget to call each other by our given Sesame Street names. If I accidentally call her Isla she'll look at me, with confusion and a bit of disappointment and say "Did you call me Isla?" She's also been in to watching Dora and Backyardigans. Dora has actually taught her quite a bit. She can count to 6 in Spanish...It goes like this uno, dose, tres, quatro, cinco, seis, eleven, twelve thirteen. In English she's getting close to being able to count to 20 and she's really picking up on her colors. Colors have been a bit of a challenge for her. I expected her to learn that before she picked up on counting. She recently started counting things in a 1:1 ratio too (like she can count objects correctly using her finger to single them out). She is definitely my favorite 2 year old! I could ramble forever but my bed is calling my name. Happy Halloween!
(I will try to do a special Halloween post in the next week or so....we had so much fun)!



























No comments:
Post a Comment