Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Thirteen Months Old

Isla is thirteen months now! She's starting to say more and more words everyday. Here is a list of the words (sounds) she can say:
  • Dog
  • Meow
  • Huhuhuh (panting like a dog)
  • Light (dight)
  • No
  • Yeah/Yes
  • oooooaaaa (monkey sound)
  • Me/mine
  • More
  • Fish sound
  • Horse
  • uh-oh
  • Papa
  • Da-ddy (she sings a song)
  • Mama
  • Bite
  • Done
  • Hi
  • Bye/Buhbye
She can also sign please (her own version) and all done and knows to go to the refrigerator when she's hungry. She is great at waving hi and bye. Isla is also able to follow simple directions that we give her, like closing the refrigerator door or picking something up and putting it in the garbage (although she's starting to realize that this is more of a chore and has put up a few fights). Isla has four molars now, or the tops of molars that is. They have all finally poked through but still have a bit of growing to do. We're hoping that THIS is why she's been such a horrible sleeper the last several weeks (note the word several).

Last night we gave Isla the boot. She is finally and officially not allowed in our bed at night. She has been basically weaned for a couple of weeks now, with the exception of her sleepy, night time, snuggle in bed with mom, nursing sessions. But last night the milk factory closed down! It has been 36 hours with no nursing and I feel pretty good about it. Night time will be difficult for a few days having to get up and put her back down each time she wakes up, but I'm hoping that when she realizes she can't nurse anymore that she'll start to wake up less and less (fingers crossed).

Anyway here are some pictures of Isla enjoying the last month of summer:


She LOVES to sit and play in the fridge. Not sure why!


So proud of herself.


Most mornings during the week we go outside to play (she plays, I sip my coffee)!


Chompers


I love it out here!



"Can I please play with that camera?"


The other day Isla was playing quietly by herself while I was on the computer doing some work. When I turned around she had gone and found her favorite book, "Summer", climbed up on the coach and started 'reading it.' Originally she was holding the book upside down and had her little legs crossed, but this is the best re-enactment I could get!

The start of her grumpy face, it gets much grumpier.


Daddy's Girl


You monkey


We seriously have the best cat in the world.


Isla tackles this poor guy and pulls his hair and tail and he doesn't so much as flinch. I think he actually enjoys himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's so big and of course still so cute! Wow nursing is stopping, that's a big step. It's so great that you were able to nurse her all this time! So good for her too! I miss you guys!