I can not believe its been a year since we brought our sweet baby into the world. She has grown and changed so much in the last 12 months. And WE have grown and changed so much in the last 12 months! The love you feel for you baby really is unlike anything else. Its kind of a cliche thing to say but it has taught me so much about how God must feel about us. Everyone says "how the time flies" when you start having little ones and its SO stinkin' true. I have to admit that I am a bit sad to say goodbye to my little baby but I'm also very very excited about the little girl she is becoming. I love you so much Isla Babe! Happy first birthday, and thank you for all the joy you have brought to our lives.
We had a big ole' party for Isla on Sunday. My sister took a million pictures but I don't have them yet...bummer. But here she is AFTER the party conked out on my lap:

And here she is at her party with all of grandparents (except her great Granny who will be here in just a week or so to visit)
From Left to Right: Gandy & Boppa Hollingsworth, Great Grandma Hollingsworth, Great Grandma & Grandpa Keller (in the back) Great Great Grandma Helen (front, center), and Grammy and Papa Lilja.

For Isla's real birthday today I took her on a coffee date, just the two of us. She had an ice water latte and an apple bran muffin and I had an iced vanilla latte. It was very lovely. Then we went and visited the Eagle's Nest. Next, we walked over to one of our favorite parks and Isla went down the slide about 20 times. Then she took a nap (which ended abruptly when the neighbor started pounding his hammer). When she woke up she colored with her new crayons from her buddy, Violet. Next we had chicken tacos for lunch except she accidentally filled up on pirate's booty before hand and didn't eat very much real lunch. Then Grammy and Papa came over to get their party chairs and Grammy played with Isla for a long time while I cleaned up the party mess. Next she took another much longer nap. When she woke up, Daddy came home and took us out to Red Robin (where I realized I forgot my camera). Then we went to Target and she picked out a baby doll (her favorite one ended up only being like $2.99) and a big giant bouncy ball because balls are both her favorite thing to play with and her favorite word to say, next to uh-oh....well, she says it more like uh...................oh. Here are a couple of pictures from the day:



Here are a few picts from this weekend when I let her feed herself some yogurt:


And here is a family photo from our first family vacation in Crescent Bar

2 comments:
So sweet! I love that you took her on a coffee date and she got water. So cute! I also love watching Isla eat Pirate's Booty. : )Happy 1st Birthday sweet Isla Grace!
Happy Birthday. I love the pictures Ash! She is sooo cute!
Post a Comment