Monday, June 30, 2008

Come home, baby!

Me and Adam made a pretty big decision about our birth plan this week. We decided to have our little girl at home! Originally we were planning on birthing at the Bellingham Birth Center (about a 50 minute drive). But the closer we get to D-day the less and less appealing that hour long drive was looking. After reading a friend's home birth story I was overcome with the desire to labor and birth my baby girl in my own comfy home. So I started doing some research on home birth safety. I was shocked to find several studies that show home birth is just as safe (in terms of mortality rates) as hospitals, if not safer. I'm really excited (and still a little nervous) about our decision to birth at home! We are praying for a safe and smooth delivery and your prayers and thoughts are much appreciated too!!

2 comments:

Eden said...

so exciting, and once again, i wish i could be there!

Ariana said...

the day is fast approaching! I just can't wait to get the call that your sweet babe is born and is ready to meet her family! Love you guys!