Monday, February 23, 2009

Seven Months

Our sweet little babe is seven months old! Its so crazy how fast babies change and grow.  She is doing SO many new things all the time and her personality is really coming to life. She's a lot like me and Adam in that she's pretty quiet and shy in places with a lot of people but quite talkative and silly in small groups of people she knows. She can clap, say da-da-da-da (with a very serious and concentrated face), is a pro at the army crawl, loves to stand up (has even let go a few times and stood for a few seconds), and can giggle at will. She has become a HUGE fan of bath time: splashing and kicking and sucking on wash cloths. She also doesn't like to be cooped up in the house all day. She often whines out of boredom when we're home, even though she has ten billion toys to play with.  So, I try to do at least one outing a day. 

I'm going to attempt to learn how to sew. Its something I've always wanted to do but have never had the time to sit down and learn. I know, I know your probably thinking "doesn't her family own an embroidery store?" Yes, yes we do but computerized embroidery and sewing with a small sewing machine are incredibly different. So I'm taking baby steps with the hope of one day making a quilt. Luckily my Grandma is letting me borrow her brand new, awesome sewing machine to learn on! I'm also hoping to get better at photography--probably not as good as my lil' sis, but hey, I like taking pictures. I'm thinking that as we have more and more nice days photography might be something fun for me and Isla to go out and do together...we can find cool places and take interesting pictures.  Haven't been very good about taking pictures the last few weeks though, so here are some that I managed to squeeze together from the last few weeks or so:


















2 comments:

KK said...

Shes so big! They grow so fast!

Ariana said...

What a beautiful baby! I love love the pictures, especially the little grumpy face.
I can't belive she let go standing up! And that she's a pro army crawler! Isla, what's up with that? You're going to be walking in no time! Love ya Baby!