Wednesday, July 9, 2008

She has to come out...

So the other day I had an obvious realization. She has to come out. I mean, I understood this during the 12 weeks of birth classes, watching birth videos and talking to friends about their labor stories. But it really hit me. She is a fully grown baby INSIDE of me and she has got to come out. One way or another this little person must emerge from my body. Whether its all natural or I'm sliced open on an operating table she WILL come out. And the means by which she will come are not good for me...no matter how it all goes down. Either hours of painful labor and a (hopefully) small child ripping through my body or major surgery. I just realized that this doesn't end well for me. I mean it ultimately ends well because I get to hold my baby in my arms, but the steps that I need to take between then and now aren't lookin' so good. Oh well...its totally worth it and I can't wait to see her.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Oh Sweetie! I know that realization well! It is scary, but you will come through it wonderfully. It's true, your body will never be the same, but they are just the sweetest scars ever because they show that you had a baby! Like when the girls play with my "squishy tummy." I tell them, "you know why Mommy's tummy is squishy? Because you were all in there!"